Who we are
- 5 years, 5 events and 5.5million people inspired worldwide and counting…
- We’re one of 3,900 worldwide TEDx events and one of the most watched UKTEDx events online
- Our team is over 30 strong by event day
- Over event day plays host to 300+ guests
- As a not-for-profit we rely on support from generous partners via cash-based partnerships or gifts-in-kind. To date we’ve worked with 75+ businesses to deliver our events.
- Our mailing list has over 2,000 subscribers
- Our network spans over xxx social channels with an average impression base of xx a month.
For more information on how our last event was delivered, please view the in-depth case study loving put together by our Creative Director, Craig Spivey.
In the spirit of ‘ideas worth spreading’, TEDx is a programme of local, self-organised events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talk videos and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These community-based events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organised TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx programme, but individual TEDx events are self-organised (subject to certain rules and regulations).
TED is a non-profit organisation devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or fewer) delivered by today’s leading thinkers and doers. Many of these talks are given at TED’s annual conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, and made available, free, on TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
TED’s open and free initiatives for spreading ideas include TED.com, where new TED Talk videos are posted daily; the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from thousands of volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed; the annual million-dollar TED Prize, which funds exceptional individuals with a ‘wish’, or idea, to create change in the world; TEDx, which provides licenses to thousands of individuals and groups who host local, self-organised TED-style events around the world; and the TED Fellows programme, which selects innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.