We’re all volunteers! That means nobody here gets paid (we just do it because we love the community). Our volunteer team is expanding – would you like to join our team? Well here’s how to get involved with TEDxLeamingtonSpa.
We’re on the look out for a bunch of enthusiastic, passionate and hardworking people to join our team. We’re an eclectic mix of skilled individuals and we’d welcome a few more pairs of hands to ensure our event wows the audience and community.
So what are we looking for?
Here’s a handy list:
- Social media whizz kids – We’d love to boost our following on Facebook/Twitter, get our mailing list bursting at the seams and also get lots of uber cool video content out there. Our last event sold out in 73 minutes and we want to repeat that success so creating a buzz is essential. If you have a bunch of zany ideas and think you can deliver results then apply now.
- Event day volunteers – our event day is normally crazy so we’ll need a team of friendly faces to help with tasks like: greeting and seating guests, liaising with our speakers to ensure they’re comfortable on the day, helping with our stage set/props, compiling gift bags, and liaising with our partners/sponsors.
- Event team volunteers – there’s lots to prepare in the 6 weeks leading up to the event including AVI equipment, lighting, food & drink provisions, printing of our programs. If you are organised, friendly and are a go getter who likes to get things done, then come and say “hi”.
- Marketing & Comms – we need posters, flyers, business cards circulating around our fair town, so people know that we’re a pretty cool bunch. We’d love to spread the word throughout the local community – think you can help us? If you’re a dab hand at writing copy – then we’d love to hear from you too.
- Sponsorship team volunteers – We are all volunteers and that means we rely on donations in-kind or to secure ‘friends of TEDxLeamingtonSpa’ sponsorship packages. The more help we get from the local community, the better an event we can produce. If you have a list of Leamington Spa connections that you could persuade to join our cause then we need your help.
Still interested in joining our team? Send an email entitled ‘Volunteer Team Application’ to Kimberley & Imogen via email@example.com, provide: your name, where you live, the role your interested in and why you think you’d be great for our team in no more than 50 words. We’d also like three random facts about you – hey, we like our team to be as interesting as our event!
If there aren’t any job roles that take your fancy here but you still think you can lend a hand, then please do get in touch.